Monday, November 14, 2005

Day 20 - It's Official

We have been questioned and approved by the Prosecutor, Judge and Social worker! Court was pretty easy, nerve racking, but easy. David may be loosing his charm with the women...lol. He was asked a couple of questions, I don't think they believed his answers and had me stand up and asked me the same questions. They asked David who decided to take a boy, him or me. He told them we both talked about it and fell in love with Alibek (William). I think the judge thought it was more HIM than me, she shook her head frowned at his answer and then asked me who decided a boy...lol. Little does she know it was actually ME that wanted a boy, but I think she thought the man must have put his foot down and chose the boy...lol. I think the toughest question to David (and I am glad he got it) is why did we choose Kazakhstan. He told them our reasons, they seemed satisfied and motioned him to sit. It was my turn to stand in the hot spot.

My questions were pretty routine, how many children do you want, can you handle his medical conditions, will you return to work, who will watch him when you return to work, pretty much they ask the women these questions, because it is our "job" to raise the child. They grilled me more than David. But even at that it was only about seven or eight questions, David only had three.

On the way back from the Baby House it started to snow. David was in heaven, he has been waiting for this. I am thinking YUCK!

So it's official William is now ours. We went to visit after court.


Wow, all dressed up just to see me?

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is fantastic! I am sure that you all are thrilled....counting the days until the waive time is over and you can come home! Thanks for sharing so I have an idea what the future holds.

11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

CONGRATULATIONS!! You make a beautiful family!! Thanks for sharing your journey and giving the rest of us hope! Tracie

3:13 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congratulations mommy and daddy and you should be home in time to celebrate your 2nd anniversary as a family
love to the three of you
julie & bryan

5:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations Gabe! I am so happy for you guys!!!

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want the red and yellow outfit back. I know David will get one that is just a little bit bigger than William's.


RU

1:28 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been following your blog and want you to know how much your postings mean to those of us in various stages of the adoption process. It really helps me to see how the process works. I wish you, your husband, and your beautiful little boy a wonderful life together!

Thank you so much for sharing your experiences with the group.

3:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats to you both and of course to little William - He is just so absolutely precious and you must be pinching yourselves that you will be bringing him home!

Thanks so much for sharing your journey - We just got our LOI last night so we'll be heading to Kaz right behind you...

Good luck with the rest of your trip - Before you know it, you'll be out of that snow and back in the TX sunshine putting sunscreen on your little baby boy!!!

Take care...

4:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home